About Riverside Outreach
We are a primary school for pupils who have special educational needs, including those with social and communication difficulties, autism, speech and language difficulties, and learning difficulties.
What is purpose of Riverside Outreach?
The purpose of Riverside Outreach is to work with our mainstream colleagues to provide a truly inclusive learning experience that meets the needs of all pupils.
By sharing and advising different strategies and resources we aim to support practitioners to become more confident in delivering and sharing good practice within their own settings. This can include:
- Training on the best practice to support pupils with autism
- Supporting pupils to become independent learners.
- Sharing and offering advice, expertise and experience to develop curriculum access and planning.
- Supporting teachers to differentiate the curriculum, related resources and support materials.
- Understanding behaviour as a communication.
- Ensuring that the class environment is inclusive to all children
We are able to offer workshops at Riverside school. These will now take place face to face. They are available for all staff in your settings and are free of charge. Please email email@example.com to book onto the training. We limit places to four per setting, however, please get in contact closer to the session to ask if more places are available if required.
16th October 16.00-18.00 - AET Making sense of autism:
- Our Lead Practitioner, Alison Wright will be delivering the most up to date training on autism. Alison is a trainer for the Autism Education Trust. All attendees will receive a certificate from the AET for their professional development records.
23rd March 16.00-18.00 - The use of visuals to support our pupils with autism and how to support them to become independent learners:
- During this session we will be sharing some of the practical resources that Alison discussed in our theory-based session. This will include schedules, timers and a variety of other visual aids that support children to process what is being asked of them.
8th of February 16-00 –18.00 - Problem Solving:
- During this session we are asking you to come to the session with a particular scenario in mind. We will be sharing in groups and problem solving together. Riverside teachers will be there to help facilitate and share their own knowledge and experiences.
Bespoke Training - We are also able to offer bespoke training to your settings, you may want us to run an inset or staff meeting? Please email Mary Ballingal if you have any enquires. firstname.lastname@example.org