Riverside Increase in Agreed Pupil Numbers
RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY SPECIAL SCHOOL, WATERLOOVILLE –
- Notice is hereby given, in accordance with Section 19(1) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006, that Hampshire County Council intends to make a prescribed alteration to RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY SPECIAL SCHOOL, Scratchface Lane, Purbrook, Waterlooville, PO7 5QD (category of school – special) by increasing the capacity of the school with effect from 1 September 2021.
- The current agreed pupil number (APN) for Riverside Community Special School, Waterlooville is 125 pupils aged 4-11 year olds with learning difficulties (LD). It is proposed to increase the APN of the school by adding 12 places. This will give an updated APN for the school of 137 pupils from 1 September 2021. The school is successfully meeting the needs of children with a range of difficulties in a safe and secure environment. The proposal is to enlarge the school with effect from 1 September 2021.
- The capital cost of this project, £600,000, was included in the Children’s Services Capital Programme report approved by Executive Lead Member for Children’s Services on 15 March 2021. This funding provides for the purchase and installation of a new double modular classroom, landscaping, car park and other works to accommodate increased pupil numbers. The new building is not expected to be installed until Easter 2022.
- This Notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the complete proposal may be obtained from Bernadette Dawes, Inclusion Commissioning Manager, Children’s Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; e-mail: email@example.com or by phone on: 07523 937841.
- Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Bernadette Dawes, Inclusion Commissioning Manager, Children’s Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: 07523 937841.
Dated: 4 June 2021 John Coughlan